Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

UPDATE: Hummer Windshield Fixed. INSANE!

So the Hummer's windshield is repaired.  No, not by Lancer Insurance representing the trucking company that smashed it. They refused to pay claiming the rubber wheel block that fell from their truck could have fallen from any truck.  Yeah and then their driver pulls over for no reason and gives me his insurance paperwork for no reason.  WTF??  How do they get away with this shit??!?  So anyway we had a choice to either go through my insurance or just pay for the damn thing.

The estimate from the local auto body was a wallet shattering $2292.62.... for a windshield!  Here is how they itemized it...


My deductible was $500 so there was no way I was going to pay $2000+ out of pocket and we certainly didn't want to risk an insurance hike.  My girlfriend however suggested going to small time mechanic that she used back when she had problems.  I agreed to give them a shot.  They claimed they could do it for $300.  What??  $2000+ VS $300???  How is that possible?  But I thought I'd give it a try.  Sure enough I got the Hummer back with a repaired windshield but it ended up costing $320 rather than the $300 they quoted. LOL  I gave them $340 with a small tip.

Driving back I was fairly shocked.  How could there be a difference of $1972??  What an insane price gouge!  I really don't know what to make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment